history

The Faculty of Dentistry at Tanta University was established in the academic year of 1973/1974 as a part of the faculty of Medicine. In the academic year 1976/1077, the faculty of Dentistry was detached from the faculty of Medicine to be autonomous, according to the ministerial decree No. 1442 on 26/12/1976. Then, it had been moved temporally to the Polyclinic until its permanent location was ready..

    When the Medical Campus was opened in April 1982, the Faculty of Dentistry was the first of the three faculties that were moved to the new campus. Furthermore, the Faculty of Dentistry building consists of 6 floors that were built according to the latest scientific systems, and the faculty contains 11 different scientific departments.

    Moreover, since it was built, the faculty have worked to promote the level of dentistry as a profession. Thus, the Faculty did not stop at graduating an elite group of dentists, but it opened the door for post-graduate studies in different specializations. Besides, the graduation of specialized dentists was not the only target of the Faculty, but it contributes greatly and effectively to the service of the community through the teaching staff members and their assistants, as it receives great numbers of patients daily to be cured for free at the different departments of the faculty to promote the health level and to stop the suffering of the sons of our homeland..

    In addition, the activity of the Faculty was not restricted to the service of the patients within the department only, but the Faculty performs medical surveys of the surrounding villages in the governorate and organizes medical convoys all over the Republic including the distant areas to recognize the oral and dental diseases spreading in these areas and to treat them through the latest car in the Middle East that is prepared with dental units and that the Faculty had as a gift from the USAID. Furthermore, the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery was opened according to the latest scientific levels. Then, Department of Conservative Dentistry and Laser Treatment were established together with a unit for the service of persons with special needs.

Contact Us